10.21 Accept Payment before Invoice Generation
In BluSynergy, you can configure the system to accept payment and generate invoices in 2 different ways.
Accept payment before invoice generation: This option will help you to take the payment first and once the payment is completed, the system will create the Order and Invoice for the same in the back end
Accept payment after invoice generation: This option will first create the Order and the Invoice in the back end first and then accept the payment from your customer.
Both the options have their own advantages and depends on how you want your user to have the user experience when he visits your website. The below details will explain the configuration your need to do and the user flow
Let us first discuss the flow for accepting payment before invoice generation.
Navigate to System >> Customer Care >> Self Service Settings
Click on the profile you have created.
Click on the Shopping Cart tab
Fig 1 above shows the configuration settings for payment before invoice
On selecting this, the below behavior in your Shopping Cart module can be observed.
The below flow is for a New User Signup
1. The user will get to see the Cart items, user registration and payment details in the same screen
Fig 2 shows what the end user will see for the signup flow
2. The user will now see the payment confirmation page and on confirmation the payment is processed.
Fig 3 shows the payment confirmation page for user signup flow
The next flow is the one for an existing user who will login to the system
1. The login information is first seen where the user will be required to enter the username and password.
Fig 4 shows the login screen for the customer login flow
2. The customer will next see the cart items and the payment information
Fig 5 shows the cart details and payment information
3. The customer will next see the payment confirmation page and upon confirmation, the payment is received. The invoice will now be generated with the order in the system for this payment.
Fig 6 shows the confirmation page for the login flow